13 December 2006

What can we say? The kid's a Mexican. (This one's for you, Grandma Pittsley!)

We knew JoJo preferred spicy foods when he loved Garden Vegetable Ritz and chili, so we decided to give him the ultimate test. Jeremy was eating chips and salsa (Herdez Hot Salsa Casera-the really hot kind), and I suggested we let JoJo try some. I was thinking we'd get a chip wet in some salsa and see what he thought. That thought never occurred to Jeremy, being the Tex-Mex guy that he is, so he stacked a 1/3 inch square pile of salsa on a chip and handed it to JoJo. I thought he might cry, but what did he end up doing? He licked the salsa off the chip like it was ketchup! He did make a face here and there, but I can't say that I don't when I eat salsa that hot!
He pretty much cleaned up the salsa that fell to his tray, and he ate the chip, too. I guess some kids are just born with a taste for that sort of thing!
 Posted by Picasa